© 2017 Elsevier Inc. This article reviews the indications and controversies in abdominally based autologous breast reconstruction. The evidence regarding these indications and controversies will be appraised and summarized. Finally, we will provide a summary of our approach and technique for the patient undergoing autologous breast reconstruction using abdominally based free flaps.
- Autologous breast reconstruction
- Breast reconstruction
- Deep inferior epigastric artery perforator flap
- Microsurgical breast reconstruction
- Superficial inferior epigastric artery flap
- Transverse rectus abdominis myocutaneous flap