In this paper, it is demonstrated that transmission lines loaded with a combination of open split ring resonators (OSRRs) and open complementary split ring resonators (OCSRRs) are useful for the design of high-order band pass filters subjected to standard responses. Specifically, we present a 7-pole Chebyshev band pass filter in coplanar waveguide technology. The device is compact and filter performance is good, including a wide stopband response. With this work, we extend our previous work on the applications of OSRR- and OCSRR-loaded lines to the design of highly selective filters. © 2011 Elsevier B.V.
|Publication status||Published - 1 Jun 2011|
- Composite right-left handed lines
- Coplanar waveguide technology
- Metamaterial transmission lines
- Microwave filters
- Open complementary split ring resonators (OCSRRs)
- Open split ring resonators (OSRRS)