Data extracted from olive oil mill waste exposed to ambient conditions

Luis González-Martínez, D. Hernández, César A. Astudillo*, Fabián Silva A, David Gabriel

*Corresponding author for this work

Research output: Contribution to journalArticleResearchpeer-review

Abstract

Recent studies show that the process of extraction of olive oil results in a large amount of waste. Around 20% the oil is obtained in the process and the remaining 80% corresponds to mainly two types of waste, known as orujo and alperujo. These residues were stored in pools for 6 months in an uncontrolled environment. The reservoirs are open and generate Odorous Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) as products of waste decomposition. The data in this article corresponds of physical-chemical compounds of olive oil mill waste exposed to ambient conditions. The data was obtained from two different oil mills, namely, Almazara del Pacífico located in the Alto Pangue area, Talca, Chile; and Agricola y Forestal Don Rafael oil mill, Molina, Chile. Samples were extracted directly from the oil mills to fill 200 L plastic containers that simulated the waste storage in oil mill reservoirs. Each sample was identified and standardized to a mass of 150 kg and moved and stored under uncontrolled ambient conditions at the Universidad de Talca, Curicó, Chile.

Original languageAmerican English
Article number104555
JournalData in Brief
Volume26
DOIs
Publication statusPublished - Oct 2019

Keywords

  • Ilumina sequencing
  • Odorants
  • Olive oil mill waste
  • Open-air reservoirs

Fingerprint Dive into the research topics of 'Data extracted from olive oil mill waste exposed to ambient conditions'. Together they form a unique fingerprint.

Cite this