The IPPC Directive has request the development of technologies for the minimisation of pollution & for the development of water recycling. Due to the lack of available on-site technologies, a large quantity of the industrial activities included in Annex I of IPPC Direc. are not treating these wastewaters appropriately. This proposal address to the optimisation of a hybrid technology combining solar photocatalysis, ozone and bio processes to the treatment of wastewaters containing Priority Hazardous Substances for permitting the reuse of this water. CADOX proposal will focus on non-biodegradable chlorinated solvents and pesticides. The expected result would be a new technology (CADOX) with market possibilities and suitable to be applied for the remediation of wastewaters with organic contaminants. This technology would be assessed by the set-up, testing and optimization of a demonstration plant during the last step of the project.
|Effective start/end date||1/02/03 → 31/01/06|
- Instituto Nacional de Engenharia e Tecnologia Industrial (INETI)
- DSM Deretil SA
- Ao Sol, Energias Renováveis, Lda.
- Centro de Investigaciones Energéticas, Medioambientales y Tecnológicas -CIEMAT- (lead)
- Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Lausanne
- Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V.
- Ecosystem Environmental Services Sa
Explore the research topics touched on by this project. These labels are generated based on the underlying awards/grants. Together they form a unique fingerprint.