Projects per year
AFIN is an interdisciplinary, inter-university and international research group focusing on basic and applied research in the social sciences, humanities and health sciences. It is dedicated to the study of human reproduction and the inequality as it relates to age, sex, racial or ethnic origin, religions or convictions, medical conditions, sexual orientation, nationality and the intersection of these aspects.
Since its creation in 2004, AFIN has been characterized by its interdisciplinary focus, its academic relationships with other national and international research groups and institutions, and a clear commitment to ensuring that its research findings reach the citizens and communities.
Professionals from the field of social, cultural and medical anthropology, sociology, education, law, medicine, psychology, and social work attached to various domestic and international universities and institutions, organizations and services, from both the public and private sectors belong to AFIN.
Its main areas of research and applied work include:
- Person, Gender, Body, Care, Health, Death
- Parenting -mothering and fathering-, work-life balance, caregiving, reproductive work and family life
- Human Reproduction -sexual and assisted reproduction, third party reproduction (gametes, embryo, gestation or child provided by a third party), fertility preservation, cross-border reproductive care (CBRC)-
- Reproductive Processes (preimplantation genetic diagnosis, pregnancy/screenings, partum, postpartum, breastfeeding, reproductive loss, endometriosis and other medical conditions)
- Secrecy, anonymity, privacy
- Childhood and Youth, Missing/stolen babies and children
Dive into details
Select a country/territory to view shared publications and projects
1/03/20 → 29/02/24
1/11/19 → 30/04/22
Efectividad de las narrativas de pacientes expertos en la orientación del cuidado de estudiantes de grado de enfermería.Feijoo-Cid, M., Garcia Sierra, R. M., Ramos-Roure, F., Arreciado Marañon, A. & Fernández-Cano, M. I., 2021, Libro de actas. XI CIDU. Congreso Iberoamericano de Docencia Universitaria. La transformación digital de la universidad. . Libro de actas. XI CIDU.Congreso Iberoamericano de Docencia Universitaria. La transformación digital de la universidad.
Research output: Chapter in Book › Chapter › Research › peer-review
Martinez Morato, S., Feijoo-Cid, M., Paola, G-E., Fernández-Cano, M. I. & Arreciado Marañon, A., 29 Jun 2021, In: BMC Nursing. 20, 1, p. 114
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article › Research › peer-review
From protection to inclusion: A handbook for teachers on children in alternative care and adopted childrenSan Roman Sobrino, M. B. (ed.), 2021
Research output: Book/Report › Book › Dissemination